Full-Time Business Development Manager
Nanoracks is growing and we are adding a professional and high-energy Business Development Manager to our Washington, DC team.
The Business development manager will be primarily servicing our current Department of Defense customers and will be tasked with bringing in new DoD customers. In this role, the BD Manager will be an outward facing individual contributor managing the Nanoracks DoD book of business. The focus will be to participate in business development for the pursuit and capture of government contracting opportunities for aerospace and aerospace engineering services efforts within the Aerospace Sector. As an individual producer, the BD Manager will report to the Director of Sales. In addition to reporting to the downtown DC office, this role will have frequent in-person collaborations with the Nanoracks offices in Webster, TX near the Johnson Space Center.
With Nanoracks’ objective to significantly grow the business with the DoD, the role is to lead, initiate and capture strategic aerospace business for defense programs in order to create solid opportunities to do business. In this role you will be in charge of positioning Nanoracks to better understand the competitive position of the business, the identification of market opportunities and challenges that could influence the business and profitability leading up to RFPs.
• Partner with the leadership team to create scope, mission and strategy for the defense campaigns
• Leads the analysis for defense department campaigns
• Responsible for initiating and developing defense campaigns
• Responsible for initiating and lobbying all relevant decision makers for developing defense campaigns
• Bachelor Degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
• 5 to 10 years of business development and sales experience in the aerospace industry with at least half of that in the defense sector in the US
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Security Clearance
• U.S. Citizenship (per ITAR regulations)
• Established network in the Defense & Aerospace industry
• Ability to anticipate future trends based on market data
Nanoracks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals of all backgrounds, with different skills and personalities to bring new ideas and creativity to our teams
Competitive with local and industry standard.
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
We hope you’ll apply to join our team. We do work with leaders from all over the world, including NASA, universities and government centers both foreign and domestic, and commercial companies. We’re fast, fun, passionate, and love sending things to space.
What we’re looking for
Smart, talented, critical thinkers with an ability to handle responsibility in a dynamic and ever-changing landscape. You will own your projects and be results oriented. Nanoracks is a small company (60 top-tier people), but we interface with much larger organizations from around the world. You will need to be able to work in small and large groups as well as simultaneously execute an entire project on time.
How to Applyhttps://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/b7eb057e
10 total views, 2 today